If your post any content such as signatures, profile images, videos, etc. that are disruptive and impact our users' enjoyment of our community we may ask you to refrain from such actions or revoke your access to this community.
Community Forum Rules and Regulations
Please read these forum rules before posting anything!
The community forums are a place where people can interact and have discussions about several different topics. However, we ask that you follow these guidelines to ensure that the forums have some productive conversation. These rules and guidelines are enforced by administrators and moderators, and at their discretion, may delete posts without warning that do not comply. Also, failure to comply with these rules or our Terms of Service may result in a ban from the forums or the entire site!
- This is an English language web site, so all forum posts must be written in English. Any thread topics or replies written in any language other than English may be removed without notice.
- No "flaming" or "badgering" -- writing hostile or insulting messages aimed at other users for their views, comments, status as a user on the site, or any other reason. You can disagree with someone's views and still be polite about it.
- No "trolling" -- posting controversial (sometimes off-topic) messages with the intent of baiting other users to reply.
- No "spamming" -- No advertisements, or referral links to other services. We also classify "spam" as short replies (usually fewer than 7 words) which do not contribute to a forum thread in a positive manner. Some forum threads expect short messages (like some forum games), but otherwise short messages are highly discouraged. Do not post for the sake of forum post count... your posts will be removed if we see you posting unhelpful or non-contributing messages.
- No "necro" behavior -- posting replies on very old (dead) threads which have not been locked. We only allow "necro" replies in VERY rare circumstances, all other cases will find your reply removed. If you feel strongly enough about posting a reply, please discuss with a Moderator whether to start a new thread of discussion.
- No discussions of software piracy, hacking, illegal material, or linking to these activities will be tolerated.
- Do not post material that is hateful or mean towards race, religion, sex, or any other offensive nature. You can debate religion and politics in the WEPR forum, but you can do so WITHOUT being mean or hateful about it.
- Do not post lewd or offensive content, or links to lewd or offensive content. Keep everything Safe for Work, and remember that kids visit the web site.
- No excessive swearing or language. If you're that angry about something, take a break from the forums for a while, or confront the other user directly instead of in the forums. Also, do not attempt to use any means to bypass our profanity filter, such as misspelling a cuss word, or using punctuation or spaces. We are much more likely to ban users for this behavior than those who let the profanity filter replace cuss words with *'s instead. Still, excessive swearing can get you in trouble too, so keep it clean.
- No posting of any text which bypasses our profanity filters by purposely misspelling, using letter/symbol substitutions or any other means to bypass our censoring. You will only get one warning for this, then you will be banned from the site.
- Please do not "hijack" a forum thread by changing the subject. If you want to change the subject, please start a new message thread. There is a thread in the Tavern ("This thread is about ...") which is run by a moderator, which we allow sudden subject changes. Otherwise, we expect new subjects to be in a new message thread.
- Do not complain about getting banned, and do not make another account to circumvent a ban. Do not complain about other users being banned, in the forums or on profile pages of other users.
- Do not complain if a moderator removes a message you posted. We trust our moderators, and if they've removed a message, they had a good reason.
- Users who create alternate accounts for multiplayer games are not permitted to post in the forums. No exceptions. Posts will be removed without notice. These alternate accounts are also prohibited from posting comments on game pages or on other user profiles. Please use your main account for this activity.
- Do not post any personal information about you or anyone else. We don't want to know your street address. If you want to post a photo of yourself, please post it in the photo thread in the Tavern.
- Turn off your caps lock, do not use excessive ALL CAPS in your posts.
- Users may create custom signatures that appear after each of their comments. All signatures are hidden from guests and on embedded comments. Users may use images as signatures.
- Do not copy or plagiarize posts or comments.
- Do not post messages containing images of typed text, especially in an alternate color. This confuses other members who may think you have some special authority, which is against our Terms and Conditions. It also defeats our search engine, which cannot read your message text.
We will assume good faith when dealing with violations; we will only warn or ban users who repeatedly or blatantly violate the rules.
If you observe someone breaking a rule or behaving in an otherwise questionable fashion, alert a member of the staff by clicking "Report post" next to the post's date. Do not try to deal with them yourself.
Administrators and Moderators have the final say in modifying, interpreting, and enforcing these rules.